the RVP line
Technical and process fetaures
The RVP line has been deeply automatized to reach the highest possible level of quality, flexibility and performances. The line is able to select automatically different laser technologies, even to be applied to the same production process, as (for example):
- Pure Laser welding technology
- Laser Cold Wire welding technology
- Hybrid Laser Arc Welding (HLAW) technology
- Laser cutting
The line is able to produce a complex plate joining plates with different characteristics in thickness, material, shape. here below an example (different gray scale represent different material characteristics):
The line is equipped with a series of highly technological solution and features:
- Online seam tracking, able to run not linear welds
- Automatic laser head change
- Algorithm with automatic adjustment of welding process parameters
- Nominal welding area: 3.5 x 16 m (max 3,5 x 20 m)
- Magnetic welding jig for sidewall, under frames and roof
- Welding report with video of each welded joint
- Offline programming
Characteristics of the Castellini RVP solution
The technological core of the plant is an automated system equipped with 4 laser heads connected to a fiber laser source. The maximum operating area is 3,5 x 20 m. Depending on the welding joint type, the system uses different technologies: gas-welding, cold wire or hybrid. A laser cutting head completes the package.
The productivity is guaranteed by using two magnetic welding jigs. The magnetization of the jigs is operated through an easy-to-use tablet which controls the electropermanent magnets’ matrix customized ad hoc.
Castellini can supply the complete process, from the storage of semi-finished products, to the inspection of finished pieces, all the material handling systems, the multi-functional welding cell with the different tools for applying different welding technology.